Get Serious with Sportsmobile's 4WD System
The Sportsmobile 4WD Vehicle is for the most discerning of off-road enthusiasts. Only the best heavy-duty components are used to give the absolute best off-road performance while maintaining exceptional on-road performance.
This combined with over five decades of experience designing and manufacturing van campers makes the Sportsmobile 4WD a truly unique product.
Sportsmobile 4WD Conversion Includes:
For Ford E350 Regular/Extended Body Vans
Advance Adapter Atlas II all gear driven transfer case Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 front axle Dana 60 rear axle High Knuckle front end for extra tie rod clearance True horizontal drag link Spicer 1350 one-ton rated driveline components Reverse Shackle leaf spring design Your choice of open, limited slip, or locking differentials Partial military wrap springs designed specifically for a Sportsmobile conversion Front sway bar with quick disconnect system and custom shocks.
4WD Upgrades for Ford Vans
For the Ford van's front end, it is necessary for to redesign the 4x4 front axle. This upgrade consists of a new casting, larger knuckles, hub and F550 rotors. Ford also beefed-up the calipers. The calipers, rotors and ABS sensors are Ford factory parts, making this system easier to service.
These changes are comparable to a $2,000 upgrade.
However, the redesign causes one issue:
with larger brake rotor, the factory 16" wheels will not fit. Sportsmobile 4WDs require 17" wheels available through Sportsmobile.
- Ford E-350 1 Ton, GVWR 9,500
- 6.8L V-10 or 6.0L Diesel
- Advanced Adapters Atlas II All Gear Driven Transfer Case
- Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 Front Axle
- Dana 60 Rear Axle
- High Knuckle Front End for Extra Tie Rod Clearance
- Extra Heavy Duty Steering Arm
- Horizontal Drag Link Eliminates Bump Steer
- Spicer 1350 One-Ton Rated Driveline Components
- Your choice of Open, Limited Slip, or Locking Differentials
- Partial Military Wrap Springs Designed Specifically for a Sportsmobile Conversion.
- Manufactured by Sportsmobile West Inc.
Length: RB 211.9” EB 231.9”
Track Width: (Front/Rear) 70.5” / 70.5”
Height with Penthouse: 94.0”
Wheel Base: 140.3”
Ground Clearance (Van Center): 16.5”
Approach / Departure Angle: 44º / 32º
Towing Capacity: 10,000 lbs.
Turning Circle: 49’ 2” curb to curb
Wheel Travel: (Front) 22” nom. (Sway Bar Disconnected)
Engine: 6.8L V-10 or 6.0L Diesel
Transmission: 4R100 / Torqshift 5-speed
Transfer Case: Atlas II (3.0 or 3.8:1 gear ratio)
Axle Gear Ratio: 4.10:1 (Towing Package)
Tires/Rims: BFGAT LT285/70R17 (33” nom.)
Suspension: Partial Military Wrap Leaf Shackle System
Front Sway Bar: Standard 1.38” Dia. With Quick Disconnect System
Optional Equipment, Also See 4x4 Options
- Front and/or Rear Performance Differentials, ARB.
- Rear Sway Bar & suspension Up-grades, Improve handling and side wind stability
- Full Floating rear end
- On board air, comes with receiver for airing up tires, cleaning filters, running air tools
- Available for retrofit, Ford E-350
Sportsmobile Limited Warranty
Covers 36 months/36,000 miles parts. The Sportsmobile system does not affect the original factory warranty on the unaltered portions of your van. For future ease of service, each four-wheel-drive system is provided with a detailed list of all component parts and a maintenance schedule. Sportsmobile West Limited Warranty 36 months/36,000 miles covers parts and labor United States sales.
- Around $60,000-$90,000 for the van, Sportsmobile and Sportsmobile 4x4 conversion.
- Financing is available up to 15 years with 15% down for qualified RVs.
- All interest charges may be deductible from your Federal Income Tax returns as a second home (motorhome). Consult with your accountant.
- RV insurance can be less than an automobile.
- There is no luxury tax on motorhomes.
How Long Does It Take?
- If we special order the van for you - 3 to 8 months including the time to convert the van to your specifications.
- If we have a chassis in stock – around 10 to 12 weeks.
- If we have a 4x4 converted van in stock – immediate delivery.
- Please see our “New Stock” page for what’s available.
Click the 4x4 "Articles"
main menu buttons
Many options are available. For a complete listing, see the "Options" menu button.