Get Serious with Sportsmobile’s 4WD System
The Sportsmobile 4WD Vehicle is for the most discerning of off-road enthusiasts. Only the best heavy-duty components are used to give the absolute best off-road performance while maintaining exceptional on-road performance.
This combined with over five decades of experience designing and manufacturing van campers makes the Sportsmobile 4WD a truly unique product.
Sportsmobile 4WD Conversion Includes:
For Ford E350 Regular/Extended Body Vans
Advance Adapter Atlas II all gear driven transfer case Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 front axle Dana 60 rear axle High Knuckle front end for extra tie rod clearance True horizontal drag link Spicer 1350 one-ton rated driveline components Reverse Shackle leaf spring design Your choice of open, limited slip, or locking differentials Partial military wrap springs designed specifically for a Sportsmobile conversion Front sway bar with quick disconnect system and custom shocks.
4WD Upgrades for Ford Vans
For the Ford van’s front end, it is necessary for to redesign the 4×4 front axle. This upgrade consists of a new casting, larger knuckles, hub and F550 rotors. Ford also beefed-up the calipers. The calipers, rotors and ABS sensors are Ford factory parts, making this system easier to service.
These changes are comparable to a $2,000 upgrade.
However, the redesign causes one issue:
with larger brake rotor, the factory 16″ wheels will not fit. Sportsmobile 4WDs require 17″ wheels available through Sportsmobile.
- Ford E-350 1 Ton, GVWR 9,500
- 6.8L V-10 or 6.0L Diesel
- Advanced Adapters Atlas II All Gear Driven Transfer Case
- Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 Front Axle
- Dana 60 Rear Axle
- High Knuckle Front End for Extra Tie Rod Clearance
- Extra Heavy Duty Steering Arm
- Horizontal Drag Link Eliminates Bump Steer
- Spicer 1350 One-Ton Rated Driveline Components
- Your choice of Open, Limited Slip, or Locking Differentials
- Partial Military Wrap Springs Designed Specifically for a Sportsmobile Conversion.
- Manufactured by Sportsmobile West Inc.
Length: RB 211.9” EB 231.9”
Track Width: (Front/Rear) 70.5” / 70.5”
Height with Penthouse: 94.0”
Wheel Base: 140.3”
Ground Clearance (Van Center): 16.5”
Approach / Departure Angle: 44º / 32º
Towing Capacity: 10,000 lbs.
Turning Circle: 49’ 2” curb to curb
Wheel Travel: (Front) 22” nom. (Sway Bar Disconnected)
Engine: 6.8L V-10 or 6.0L Diesel
Transmission: 4R100 / Torqshift 5-speed
Transfer Case: Atlas II (3.0 or 3.8:1 gear ratio)
Axle Gear Ratio: 4.10:1 (Towing Package)
Tires/Rims: BFGAT LT285/70R17 (33” nom.)
Suspension: Partial Military Wrap Leaf Shackle System
Front Sway Bar: Standard 1.38” Dia. With Quick Disconnect System
Optional Equipment, Also See 4×4 Options
- Front and/or Rear Performance Differentials, ARB.
- Rear Sway Bar & suspension Up-grades, Improve handling and side wind stability
- Full Floating rear end
- On board air, comes with receiver for airing up tires, cleaning filters, running air tools
- Available for retrofit, Ford E-350
Sportsmobile Limited Warranty
Covers 36 months/36,000 miles parts. The Sportsmobile system does not affect the original factory warranty on the unaltered portions of your van. For future ease of service, each four-wheel-drive system is provided with a detailed list of all component parts and a maintenance schedule. Sportsmobile West Limited Warranty 36 months/36,000 miles covers parts and labor United States sales.
- Around $60,000-$90,000 for the van, Sportsmobile and Sportsmobile 4×4 conversion.
- Financing is available up to 15 years with 15% down for qualified RVs.
- All interest charges may be deductible from your Federal Income Tax returns as a second home (motorhome). Consult with your accountant.
- RV insurance can be less than an automobile.
- There is no luxury tax on motorhomes.
How Long Does It Take?
- If we special order the van for you – 3 to 8 months including the time to convert the van to your specifications.
- If we have a chassis in stock – around 10 to 12 weeks.
- If we have a 4×4 converted van in stock – immediate delivery.
- Please see our “New Stock” page for what’s available.
Click the 4×4 “Articles”
main menu buttons
Many options are available. For a complete listing, see the “Options” menu button.